Friday, April 22, 2011

Mind work

I worked on trim today. Wow, is that ever a boatload of work for the mind! All the angles and I was working in the loft so space was lacking. I thought my back was hurting yesterday from lifting 6x6x12's and RR ties that weighed 140 lbs. to block the house up. Whew! at least I got the hardest part out of the way! (I think)

I am using cedar one-by rejects from the local cedar mill. Most the material is split and so I can only get about 1 1/8" x 3/4" out of each 16' piece. I am staining the trim with a "natural" finish just to bring out the existing grain and colors. Somewhat rustic (being cedar) but nice with the smooth side facing out. Plus it's free so who am I to complain!

I'll be getting some more pics up soon of the trim and stuff I've done this week.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them!

No comments:

Post a Comment