Saturday, April 23, 2011

Location and situation

So I have said a lot about how I am making this tiny house but as to where it is or what my situation is? Right now I have our tiny house on a friend's property in Harpster, Idaho. I am saving up for a piece of property and (for now) being rent-free is the key!

For sewer (black water) I'll be digging a hole and building an outhouse or other cover over it and for the greywater I'll just be collecting it for watering our (future) garden that will consist of several raised beds.
I may collect the rainwater soon if I can scrounge up some gutters. We are going to be developing a group of three springs on the property and installing a cistern system. from this cistern the water will gravity feed into the house. I am not planing on traveling with this house so no tank systems. (It is on skids, is 10' x 22' and I estimate the house weights around 10k lbs.)
I have the house completely wired for electricity and we just measured for the wire that will run from my friends' shop panel to my house. I would love to get some solar panels but they are kinda spendy.

I found out the seal on two of my windows is compromised and they fog up every once in a while when the temperature changes. (the sun comes out) I am going to try to find someone to fix that eventually but it as-is for now. And in the process of finishing the house I keep dinging up the paint job inside....meaning that we'll have to repaint. Aarg! Oh well, I only had one coat anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment