Friday, April 15, 2011

Our tiny house beginnings

My name is Micah Olson and I am 21 years old. I started making my tiny house in December of 2010. I got married in March of 2010 to the girl of my dreams and we have been living in an apartment in Kooskia, Idaho. The idea of being rent free and living in my own house without making an impact on the environment has been appealing to me for the last few years. I thought about making a small house or tiny house before I even knew they existed. I looked it up online and realized that this was a growing idea throughout the entire world, what with economic awareness increasing and the effects of our dwelling habits on the environment becoming an issue.

I have been working in the field of construction for about 6 or 7 years building and remodeling commercial and residential projects.

I actually picked up materials for our house and started construction on December 18, 2010.

Here are some pictures of the house construction up to this point. It has been an enjoyable experience (mostly) and I am working on the finish stuff now. More recent pictures are coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment